Monday, May 2, 2016

Consider the Lilies of the Field

Being a district leader has definitely been interesting. It consists of daily phone calls every night with each companionship in my district (three in total) where we discuss their needs and what they can do better to have more success. We discuss the people they are preparing for baptism and what they need to progress. I have to attend several meetings every week with all the district leaders in the area and then have to lead a meeting every week with just my district.

I can’t remember if I already told you or not, but I ran into Jovita and Ramon (the couple I baptized in Llanquihue) last week on my way to the airport in Puerto Montt. I was standing there with some other missionaries when I heard, “It can’t be!”

I turned around and Jovita just about tackled me and fell to her knees crying. It was so special to take her hand and help her up, and listen to her tell me how they had been looking for me for over a year to thank me for teaching them the gospel. She dragged me by the hand outside where Ramon was waiting and he about lost his mind when he saw me. He also fell to the ground crying and I didn’t know what to do.

They told me they are now called to be over all of the young men and women and are going to the temple this month to be sealed. That’s why they were in Puerto Montt, to buy bus passes and we just happened to cross paths.

The Lord is so merciful. I was nervous about changing places and being a leader, so he reminded me why we do all that we do.

I love you so much.
Elder Rich


P.S. I bought a couple sweaters so I don’t freeze. I don’t need a jacket anymore because a member here bought me one without asking twice. I felt so bad and didn’t know what to say, so I just accepted it.

The new coat that a generous member bought him. "Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you..."

Elder Rich is sharing some photos of his family in the United State with his "little brothers" in Punta Arenas. 

He's praying...he snores when he prays.

It get's a little windy in Punta Arenas. Like tip you over when you're walking windy.

Is that Antartica I see in the distance?

No comments:

Post a Comment