Monday, April 25, 2016

Calm Winds and Steady Work




Well, I got here to Punta Arenas all in one piece without too much trouble. I absolutely hate flying and airports, but it was a cool experience. I traveled with Elder Nielson, who is also from St. George, the whole time and we had a good talk.

We got to Punta Arenas and took a bus to the Stake Center where we met up with a bunch of the other missionaries here in Punta Arenas and I met my companion Elder Herrera. He was born in Peru, but moved to Santiago when he was little so is technically a native Chilean. He just finished his training and is full of energy and a desire to talk with everyone. From the Stake Center, we went straight out to preach, taking 5 minutes to toss my bags in the front door of the house.

This weekend was Stake Conference so a few elders from an island called Porvenir came over to attend. Elder Cabrera, who was in Ancud with me, and Elder Woolley, who I replaced when I went to Ancud, have been staying with us for a couple days until they can get back to Porvenir because they have to take a boat and there isn’t one that goes everyday.

I have been preaching with Elder Cabrera for the past two days and I absolutely love the kid and I missed him when he left Ancud. He is super smooth and just has an attitude that attracts people to him, plus we make an awesome team. In like three hours we put 3 people with a baptismal date and talked with a million other people.

I haven’t been able to get ahold of another jacket, but to be honest it is not that cold. There are huge malls and outlets that I can go to if I really need something, but for now I am actually quite comfortable. The wind is what sometimes makes it miserable, but it has been really calm since I got here.

I really like my assignment as a district leader and thought I did all right leading my first district meeting. I only had a couple hours to prepare, but it went smooth and everyone told me they were excited to get out and teach.

I love you all,

Elder Rich


P.S. Have you been hating on my gorgeous vests? Shame! Those things are so cool. Don’t lie to yourself.

Saying goodbye to Marco and Yolanda before leaving Ancud.

Goodbye Elder Greenwood. How about one last photo shoot?

Carla made us some sick neck warmers.

We wanted to remember that we ate Monkey Balls cereal literally every single day!

Greenwood and I putting the "companion" in companionship.

Thanks for having my back.

Like a high end blender, Greenwood and I complete each other.


Teamwork.


Welcome to Punta Arenas

My new companion Elder Herrera


New companion photo shoot



Goodnight Punta Arenas.

No comments:

Post a Comment