Monday, December 12, 2016

Baptisms and Big News


We received travel itinerary for Elder Rich! He will be leaving Chile on Feb. 9 at 11:00 a.m. and arriving in St. George on Feb. 10 at 2:50 p.m. He only sent the short note below with some great photos of Puerto Montt and Alexis' baptism.

How heart-broken would you be if I got home without a suit? I gave away a suit in Punta Arenas to a kid that did not have one and one of the kids [Alexis] getting baptized here feels really bad because he doesn’t have a suit and is about to buy one that he can not afford. I am getting to be a little too big for my black suit but wanted to ask your permission before giving it away because that means I am getting home in stained slacks and a travelers jacket.

Also, did you know that I love you? Just checking.

Elder Rich

Puerto Montt, Chile, is in full summer bloom. 

Puerto Montt is beautiful between 8:00 and 9:30 at night. 

Puerto Montt at sunset.

Puerto Montt overlooks the Pacific Ocean. 

Elder Rich and Alexis coming out of the font at the baptismal service.

Brothers in the gospel.

Alexis and Elder Rich 

Alexis and his family with Elder Rich and Elder Ramer. Alexis received the Holy Ghost the same day his brother blessed the sacrament for the first time. The Spirit was very strong that sacrament meeting. 


I trained Elder Greenwood and am his ‘father’ here in the mission. He is training Elder Tilley and I am therefore his ‘grandpa.’ This is a family portrait of my posterity.

Three generations of posers


No comments:

Post a Comment