Monday, January 19, 2015

Cleanliness is Next to Godliness


I need to learn to just love to switch sectors and leave companions because that is pretty much all I do.

Coyhaique. This place is beautiful and in the middle of nowhere in the Andes Mountains. Super green and mountainous and ghetto. The sector I work in is all hills and dirt roads, and by hills I mean straight up and down. It is actually good because I am more in shape, so I can’t complain.

Not much happened other than me trying to get to know this crazy confusing sector. Oh and my companion is from Argentina so I speak completely and totally in Spanish.

The only thing kind of funny about the week is I had a melt down. Four of us live in one house and the house is absolutely terrible. It hadn’t been cleaned for a very long time and the only thing keeping God from smiting that place was one kid (who is also from St. George) who had his corner of the house clean. I finally had had it and made them take the fridge, microwave, cabinets and anything else outside and we scrubbed EVERYTHING. We cleaned the floors and the appliances and all the dishes, and anything we weren’t going to use, we threw away.

Now we live in cleanliness and I can sleep at night. Gotta love the mission.

Love,
Elder Rich

(This cleaning maniac is the same child I begged to clean his room everyday?!? Oh, the irony.)

Last days in Llanquihue, Chile with the Angel Familia.
Elder Rich playing with Greis (pronounced Grace)
Greis always stole my gum. She is just too cute.
Familia Angel
Elder Rich with Hermana Angel and Mateo
The flight to Coyhaique.
Aerial shot of the Andes Mountains on the flight to Coyhaique.
Welcome to Coyhaique, Chile. 
Elder Rich has a new companion, Elder Sosa from Argentina.
The "before" photo of the kitchen that was almost smitten from heaven for filth. 
I'm pretty sure something died in the fridge.
I just set this new towel on the counter and this is the grease print that came off.

No comments:

Post a Comment