Monday, February 1, 2016

The Student Becomes the Teacher

I feel like any of the Book of Mormon prophets who experienced so many amazing and crazy things, and then had to sit down and try to pick the best two or three to write about for all to read. High five Nephi, I have a new respect for you.

So Elder Cluff has gone home and I am now training a new missionary which makes me a senior companion. Cluff and I left for Osorno on Tuesday so he could get on his plane and I could pick up my kid (My new missionary. I am his ¨Dad¨) We ended up getting the luck of the draw and staying the night with Elder Frausto in Ovejeria, my old stomping grounds. I got to run around and say hi to everyone and just tell them I love them.

The next morning I met my little boy Elder Greenwood from San Diego, California, and we got right on the bus for the long ride to ChiloĆ©. We have been working hard and seeing miracles. Yolanda´s daughter, Elizabeth, told us about a week ago she wants to get baptized and will be getting baptized next Saturday, but her other daughter, Constanza, wrote us a letter a couple weeks ago and said she will never get baptized. Cluff and I were pretty bummed out, and I was thinking about it on the bus ride to ChliloĆ© when I had an idea: Family home evening.

Greenwood and I taught Yolanda and Constanza Friday and we talked about family home evening and how the family is meant to progress and be together forever. It was such a simple topic but by the end Yolanda was weeping, which she NEVER does, and Constanza was very different. The next day we had a branch party and we were all hanging out and having a good time when Constanza pulled us aside and told us she wants to be baptized as soon as possible. Miracle.

Family can be together forever. Just the thought of it touches hearts of all people everywhere no matter the language, race, or location.


Elder Aidan Rich

Farewell party for Elder Cluff and Elder Jeria who are returning with honor!

Giving Elder Cluff gets some love as he completes his mission and returns home.

Some branch members and friends at the farewell party.

Elder Rich in the mission home to pick up his new companion. Welcome to Chile, Elder Greenwood! 

Brother and Sister Obeso with Elder Greenwood and Elder Rich in the mission home in Osorno, Chile. 

The Ancud Branch hosted an 80s Dance Party. Elder Greenwood with a sister from Chile.  

Yolanda, Marco, and Constanza in their 80s get-ups.

Elder Greenwood, Elder Rich, and an investigator from Ancud. 

Elder Rich with his new companion, Elder Greenwood in Ancud, Chile. Has there ever been a better name for a newbie missionary then Elder Greenwood?


1 comment:

  1. I love this! So happy to have a friend send me a link to this :) my son is elder greenwood!!!

    ReplyDelete