Monday, January 16, 2017

Enduring to the End

Okay so this week was pretty lame as far as contacting. Pretty much rejection 24/7. But hey, happy missionary status is: thumbs up. My companion is different than any other companion I have ever had in the sense that he is SOOOO intelligent and never, ever, ever talks. Like never. We are teaching a woman named Susana who is 29 and a single mom of two kids, and she is for sure getting dunked. However, due to legal complications with her ex it is hard for her to come to church so she probs isn’t getting baptized while I am here but she is dead set on entering the fount. I honestly am this close to going to her ex´s house and bashing his head in. He is a jerk and has shown up twice during lessons high on cocaine to yell and be abusive. Dad of the year award and it is only January. Way to go man, WOOT WOOT.

On a less sarcastic note I am going on a tour of the island this next Monday and I am pretty stoked. Going to see some penguins, beaches and old Spanish forts. I am trying to stay actively engaged in the work and focused but it is hard. I had an interview with President Isom and he said it is normal and that I am doing great. I really love that guy. Our interview was him giving me the low down on how to buy and sell cows and farm land. Nice to know I still have that high school skill of getting the teacher off topic so class flies by. But honestly, I love the guy and his wife. I helped her clean her car while my comp was in his interview and we laughed the whole time.

Looks like I am going to meet Elder Stevenson of the 12 right before I head back to the states. Talk about ending in style.

I love you,

Elder Rich

Went hiking on the beach




No comments:

Post a Comment