Monday, December 14, 2015

Island Life...Here I Come

CAMBIOS!

So I have a pretty good excuse for being pretty lazy about writing good letters. My companion has been pretty sick on and off for the last couple weeks and in the hospital for the last couple days. I was never in my area of Overjeria and have actually been doing lots of work in the office of the mission. So...yeah sorry.

Being with the office Elders is kind of a trip. They are both such good guys and one of them is Elder Davis who was in one of the pictures in an older blog. I lived in their house this week while Elder Frausto stayed in our house getting better with another Elder who has a broken leg. The assistants of the President live in that house too and it has honestly been a blast. Such good people.

I just barely received my cambio and I am getting shipped out to the island of Chiloè where I am pretty much guaranteed to be for the next couple months because the kid who will be my new companion, Elder Cluff, is finishing his mission this next cambio that comes. (Just so you all know cambio means transfer). So I only have one cambio to learn everything about Ancud, Chiloè while I am there then I have to run the area.

Having been in the office a lot, I don’t have much exciting to say, but I was grateful for the experience.

I love you all so much.
Elder Aidan Rich

A sweet story about Elder Frausto. He comes from very humble circumstances in Mexico. He has taught us not just about what it means to be a disciple of Christ, but how fortunate we are to live in such prosperous conditions. As other missionaries received packages from home, he just watched knowing that his family would not have the means to send him anything. One day as he was busy making phone calls for his duties as a district leader, Elder Rich quietly opened a package sent to him by his grandparents. He wrote Elder Frausto's name on many of the packages, and then resealed the package. Later, they sat down to open it together. When Elder Rich handed him the packages with his name on it, he didn't know what to do. He had never received a wrapped present. Elder Rich said he opened them with such care because he didn't want to ruin the wrapping paper. What a wonderful example these young men are of the true spirit of Christmas.


I had to say goodbye to my awesome companion, Elder Frausto, and also my favorite family, La familia Pinuer, who we helped to reactivate, and they are now working to be sealed as a family in the temple.   

Santa (Branch President) and Elder Rich



No comments:

Post a Comment