Monday, December 7, 2015

Smelling the Chilean Roses

To be honest coming back to the mission was really, really hard. It was so easy the first time that it kind of took me by surprise. However, these last few weeks have been a kind of coming home. I finally just feel like a missionary that is unrestrained, and I honestly think it is because I have just relaxed a little bit. I expected so much so fast that I don’t think I just stopped to smell the roses. We had a lesson where I told a less active mother that I just loved her more than she could understand. This family is literally like our other Latin half because the mother (Ximena) is EXACTLY like my mom and her 18-year-old son, Eduardo, is EXACTLY like me and is going through many things I did. She tells me we both bug her in the same way all the time. But during this lesson I just forgot all the things we were trying to push her to do and just thought about her as my mother and what I would say. At the end we were both crying and she just hugged me and let it all out. It was amazing.

So moral of the story, don’t worry about me. I miss you guys but I honestly don’t miss things like Christmas and Thanksgiving. I mean they are awesome and fun, but they have never really defined us as a family. They just kind of add to the fun. I don’t know if that makes sense to you but that’s how I feel.

I love you so much. I want you to know that I do have a testimony and I sincerely love the people of Chile.

Love,

Your Elder

Elder Santa (Frausto) at the ward party.


No comments:

Post a Comment